Sunday, April 18, 2010

Double Chubb 50K and Richie Chiropractic














I'm pretty sure I did not deserve the beautiful weather, awesome volunteers and RDs, and outstanding course conditions at the 2010 Double Chubb 50K. I do know that Bill Richie at Richie Chiropractic does deserve my endless thanks and admiration for taking me from being unable to stand up straight to running a 50K trail race nearly ONE HOUR FASTER than I had run it previously!! Holy smokes.


I got into St. Louis early Friday and spent a leisurely day napping and studying at the Hampton Inn just one exit east of the race venue. I met Rudy Schwarz and his friend Joan at the wonderful Stellina Pasta Cafe for a little pre-race chow then stopped at the Pear Tree Inn to hug Victoria and get my race packet.

Raceday morning Rudy met me at the hotel and we rode to the race together. It was quite chilly at the start and I ended up wearing a long sleeve shirt and a light beanie from the start to the railroad tracks aid station. The course was completely dry and mud-free except for maybe a total of 100 feet. I made good time on all four legs, average 1:20 each with aid station and some GI-issue time included, I ended up finishing around 5:43 (unofficial). I was extremely happy with the time, my back felt great all day and the course and fellow runners were amazing beyond description!

If you want to see some photos or video of the course and some of the runners (but sadly none of me), check out Shannon Drohan's pictures, or Lee Hess' videos.

Can't wait for the Berryman 50 Mile trail run next month!!

1 comment:

Chia said...

So how was today's run? 2 weeks till Berryman!