Monday, June 6, 2011

Look at This Fat Bastard Here!

     Wow, is that a double chin or what?  This photo was taken at Finnegan's Wake in Key West, only moments before I kissed Captain Morgan full on the mouth as thanks for all the great times I had with him and Coke.  I also happen to be sporting a 5K t-shirt from one of my earliest "runs".

      I've come a ways since then in my running as well as eating and drinking habits but I think it's timely to post this picture because of late I've been slacking in the areas of nutrition, drinking, Crossfitting and chewing and have rounded out a little bit in the middle.  Hopefully the publication of this bit-o-history will be the impetus I need to get my collective sh!t in one sock and get back to the business of ultramarathoning like I mean it.

Chia and I have signed up for our first trail run as west-coasters, the Headlands 50 Mile and Trail Marathon on July 16th.  I think the elevation will provide good hill training for me, but I'm expecting it will take closer to 12 hours than 11.  In preparation for this run I'm getting back to my old ways of eating cleanly, not drinking or chewing and working out every day except when rest/recovery is called for.

Tune in later to see how the Captain I and I fare!

No comments: