Sunday, November 15, 2009

Glenwood Rib Cookoff & The Next Generation of Ultrarunners



Wow, did I fall off the wagon hard last night! The 2nd Annual Glenwood Rib Cookoff was awesome. Steve's and Ray's ribs were outstanding and in and of themselves were not the problem. The Fat Tire, chocolate chip cookies, and 2nd and 3rd helpings of the ribs were way too much! On top of that my nemesis Skoal crept in around 1.5 beers, as usual. I'll be spending my Sunday recovering via Cracker Barrel and power naps!


Pictured right is the next generation of ultrarunners, my nephew Dakota with my dad Tom. They both are members of the McGuire's Running Club in Pensacola, FL. They represent two of the best things about running; it's never too early to start & it's never too late to start.



My dad took up running just a couple of years ago and since his humble beginning (don't we all start that way!?) he's posted some impressive times in road races and done some really unique runs including the Run Through The Jungle 5K hosted by the Exotic Feline Rescue Center in Center Point, IN where this year he finished 2nd in his age group! Go Dad!



Dakota is more recent addition to the running Millers. He joined my dad in several training runs and then nutted-up and joined the Tuesday evening crowd at McGuire's for their 5K weekly runs. He earned his McGuire's Running Club shirt by completing 10 runs for a total of 31 miles! Go Dakota!








So it's back to the plan for me after last night's excursion. Anyone got some suggestions or words of encouragement to keep me from straying so far off course, so often? I think I need a Weight Watchers-style support group. Paleo Watchers? Who's with me?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I finally found my way onto here! Keep up the work!