Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day WOD, The Brotherhood, and Gratitude

So the workout(s) were a little disjointed at Possum Corner today. Doug showed up as I was leaving for the hospital to do his thing, due a miscommunication, then I posted my own after rounding:

Turkey Day Versaclimber Intervals
Versaclimber 5 Minutes
50 pushups
Versaclimber 4 Minutes
40 kettlebell rows
Versaclimber 3 Minutes
30 knee raises on pull-up bar
Versaclimber 2 Minutes
20 dumbbell push-presses
Versaclimber 1 Minute
10 back extensions on the GHD


I had a little run-in with the Skoal Brotherhood last night and I'm happy to report I emerged (somewhat) victorious. I was tempted at the Schnuck's checkout counter and bought a can. I had one dip and then threw the can away because I didn't even enjoy the thing. I'm hopeful I've turned the corner

Paleo Pursuit-wise all is well. I managed to obtain a free deep-freeze (c.1968) in which to deposit the doe that Drew was kind enough to shoot for me in Iowa last week. Since I'll have room left over in the 5' x 3' x 3' freezer I'm thinking of getting a 1/2 side of grass fed beef too, if I can find it.

One last word in the spirit of Thanksgiving. For about a year now I've been striving to live a life of gratitude. As you might imagine this is sort of a personal thing and does not really fall under the purview of Nutting Up, but if you'd like to read more, check out The Daily Good home page, or more specifically check out one of these articles on living a life of gratitude.

No comments: