Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saturday & Sunday 020610 & 020710

Saturday: Did 1-hour on the Mag Trainer while watching the DVD "District 9". Did OK on nutrition until we hit Lonestar for chili and I had a cheeseburger, fries and 2 Amstel Lights to wash it down! No Skoal though, so there's that!

Sunday: Did 20 mile run with Chia going along for the first of 4 loops around our usual 5-mile Tophill trail loop. A couple of decent hills and some good cold, pain-type suffering. The best part was actually running by my house 3 times, and even going in to use the bathroom and down a Stinger Gel and still persevering in the cold and snow. You just can't buy that kind of mental training.

Speaking of mental training, while on my little excursion to the Keys last weekend I read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell. It's a great book, easy to read and a great story about great Americans. I highly recommend it. Anyway, while running and suffering today I couldn't help but think about the SEALs in this book and what they went through on that mountain in Afghanistan and even what it took just to become a SEAL, as Luttrell so eloquently details in the first half of the book. I just could not quit today while thinking about all those guys did.

No comments: